Our friend, Lauren Less (@lesswithlaur), admits to being a highly allergic human. She loves our O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for its clean ingredients — only organic olives crushed within hours of harvest. She’s created this delicious gluten- and dairy-free bundt cake recipe for us to share with you. Enjoy!
- 2 “flax eggs” (1 tbsp flax and 3 tbsp water per egg)
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dark chocolate for melting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the “flax eggs” by grinding the flax seeds into a fine powder using a coffee or spice grinder (or use 2 1/2 teaspoons pre-ground). Whisk in the water until it becomes gelatinous and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine flour, cacao powder, baking soda and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in vanilla and olive oil. Stir in “flax eggs” once they are congealed.
- Pour batter into a greased mini bundt cake mold and bake for 15-20 min. Let cool.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave or over a double broiler.
- Once cakes are cool, drizzle melted chocolate over them.